This SKS has been in my armory since I was a young boy as it was given to me by my late grandfather.
When I got into my teens the stock was too short for me to comfortably shoot and so if I wanted to shoot prone or standing I would have to have a buttstock pad to extend my length of pull on the rifle so the scope wouldn’t come back and hit my glasses.
Last year at shot show I talked with ATI about getting the Strikeforce Stock with Scorpion Recoil System for the SKS and they agreed to to send it out for review.
I know some of you are asking yourself why I would take this gun out of this clean nice looking stock if my only problem was the length of pull which is easy to remedy. The easy answer is I was looking to update this rifle plain and simple.
The SKS fires the 7.62x39mm round which is very common and cheaper than .223 and some times you want to just go to the range and blow off a little steam and feel a little more recoil than a .22lr and the SKS and AK-47 have been great for that. however I have gotten more accustom to having a pistol grip and I wanted one for this rifle too.
The Strikeforce Stock with Scorpion Recoil System comes with three rails for the front of the stock so you can attach lasers and bipods.
It has a 6 position AR style side folding buttstock and I haven’t found anyone who has used over the 3rd position on this stock.
- Six Position Adjustable/Side Folding Stock
- Can be Fired from Folded Position
- Scorpion Recoil System
- Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad
- Scorpion Recoil Pistol Grip
- Recoil Impact is Absorbed
- Shooting any Load Size can now be done without pain being transferred to the shooter
- Not Affected by Chemicals
- Remains Flexible in Extreme Temperatures
- Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil
- Removes Limitations from Spring and Piston Type Recoil Suppression Systems
- Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
- One 4” Picatinny Top Rail
- Two 2” Picatinny Rails
- Six Position Commercial Buffer Tube
- Buffer Tube Adapter
- Blank Covers for When Rails are Not in Use
- 3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
- Removable/Adjustable Tactical Cheekrest
- Slot for Tactical Sling Attachment
- Five Sling Swivel Studs
- DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer
- Manufactured in the USA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
I still felt recoil both from standing and prone but it was very manageable and light.
If you are looking to update and modernize your SKS it is hard to go wrong with this stock.