I have this weird need to collect cleaning kits. It isn’t because I need 7 identical 12 gauge brushes or because I am lacking in the cleaning rod or cleaning cable department. It seems everyone has their own take on what a shooter needs to help them achieve the best clean possible and I like to see what the differences are. Most companies send out their version of oil and cleaner or even just CLP. However, so far, as much as I am willing to try new types of cleaners or CLPs I do favor my M-Pro7 32oz spray for cleaning.
– Over 40 firearm-specific cleaning components in a nylon case
– Six (6) Memory-Flex® Cables of varying length for effective and correct Breech-to-Muzzle® cleaning
– Twenty-two (22) bronze bore brushes to remove copper deposits and other fouling
– Obstruction removal tools for jammed cases and other blockages
– Specialized precision tools for complete breakdown and fine cleaning of all critical and hard to reach areas of your firearm
– Optics cleaning gear for care and maintenance of scopes, rangefinders and more
– Removable Tactical Cleaning System (Item # FG-750) for convenient carrying in the field
– Dimensions: 15 1/4″ x 8 3/4″ x 4 1/2″
As you can see in the picture above the main kit comes 14 different caliber brushes for just about every caliber you might need.
- 22 (.204 thru .222)
- 25 (.223 thru 6.5)
- 27 (.270 thru 7mm)
- 30 (.30 thru 8mm)
- 35 (.338 thru .357)
- 38 (.370 thru 9.3mm)
- 40 (.40 thru 10.75mm)
- 45 (.44 thru .458)
- 50 .50 thru 12.9mm)
- .410 GA Shotgun
- 28 GA Shotgun
- 20 GA Shotgun
- 16 GA Shotgun
- 12/10 GA Shotgun (
- .17 caliber short brush (rifle/pistol/air rifle)
- .22 caliber Short brush (rifle/pistol/air rifle)
The other six brushes are found in the removable tactical cleaning system
For me, this means I can clean all of my firearms and my friends and family can use this kit to clean theirs too.
Other brushes: It comes with a nylon brush that I like to use in addition to gun cleaning as my travel tooth brush and beard comb. I have found that a hit of rem oil really gets the teeth pearly white and the beard soft and shiny (No! Seriously, I promise I am NOT stupid enough to believe that I can use gun cleaning gear to brush my teeth or comb my beard! Just joking! You will harm yourself if you try this).
The Other Nougaty Stuff and Things
Otis ships this kit with carbon scrapers, 3 tubes of CLP, lens cleaners, patches for all calibers, cleaning parts for air guns and even a chamber brush for your ARs.
This kit doesn’t come with a brass cleaning rod but rather cleaning cables. I admit to having days I like them and days I don’t.
Removable Tactical Cleaning System
– 8″, 30″ and 34″ Memory-Flex® Cables for effective and correct Breech-to-Muzzle® cleaning
– Six (6) firearm-specific bronze bore brushes to remove copper deposits and other fouling
– Lightweight soft pack case with belt loop for convenient carrying
– T-handle and obstruction removal tools for jammed cases and other blockages
– Redesigned component holder secures and protects brushes and components
– Dimensions: 4″ x 4″ x 2 1/2″
The 6 brushes that come with this kit are 12/10 Gauge, .22 cal, .27 cal, .45, .38, and .30.
I think I would rather is be a MOLLE pouch but I am sure there is a good reason it isn’t. (I’ll ask at SHOT 2016)
The Otis Technology Elite Cleaning System retails for $99 Amazon. This kit is really nice in the brush department but I would have liked to have seen their AR BCM cleaning tool they call the B.O.N.E.® TOOL. They make them for both 5.56 and 7.62 bolts.
As I said earlier, I use this with M-Pro 7 cleaner and oil because I find it works best for me.
The Otis Technology Elite Cleaning System is great if you are looking for an all caliber in one kit. Everyone with more than one caliber collection should have one. This kits is a must for collectors, gun ranges, firearm instructors, etc.
If you are someone who stays in the 3 or 4 caliber range ( 9mm, .45, .22 and .30 caliber or what ever it might be) this kit might be overkill but if you know you are going to be branching out and getting into the revolver or big bore game or even just into the Shotgun game this kits is GREAT!
My only two comments, or wish list about what I would like to see changed or added is the BONE tool and the removable kit upgraded to MOLLE.