The Windham Project is the new Windham Weaponry RMCS-4 which is a Multi Caliber System built on the AR-15 platform and designed after the MGI Hydra. The rifle is chambered in
- 1. 5.56×45/.223Remington Standard AR Mag)
- 2. .300 AAC Blackout (Standard AR mag)
- 3. 7.62×39 (using an AK Mag)
- 4. 9mm (Using a Colt SMG Mag
- 5. .22LR (Using the CMMG .22 Conversion kit)
The idea behind our project is to build out an AR-15 using the Windham Weaponry RMCS-4 as the base and build out the parts to make this rifle more rounded out by using various parts from the industry.
Outside of Windham Weaponry supplying the rifle, we have a few companies who have already sent us a piece for the review.
- · CAA – Flip up iron sights
- · CMMG – .22 Conversion with two (25) round mags
- · AXTS – Raptor Charging Handle, Talon Ambi Safety, and QD end plate
- · Federal Ammunition – American Eagle 9mm and American Eagle subsonic .300AAC Blackout
- · WMD Guns – *NEW* NiB BCG
- · Hogue Overmolded Lava Red Pistol Grip and 6 position rifle stock
We will be reviewing this rifle for 1 year. We will be reviewing each additional product sent to us, on their own in an individual review, as well as part of the final overall #WindhamProject review.
We are looking for parts that fall under the RMCS-4 parts that would be considered “stock parts” i.e. the stock, pistol grip, BCGs*, products of that nature.
We love the idea that Windham has for this rifle and we just want to have fun and see what else we can do with it. Our end all goals are to build an AR that is chambered in as many calibers as possible through either a barrel change or full upper receiver (in a case such as a .50BMG upper or a piston based upper or pistol caliber outside of 9mm)
Windham has built a platform that we believe is great for someone who may be limited on space and would like to own more than one rifle but space permitting is just not feasible. We want to expand on that idea.